Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"Yes I'm a girl"

"Yes, I'm a girl. I push doors that clearly say PULL. I laugh harder when I try to explain why I'm laughing. I walk into a room and forget why I was there. I count on my fingers. I hide the pain from my loved ones. I say it is a long story when it's really not. I cry a lot more than you think I do. I care about people who don't care about me. I try to do things before the microwave beeps!! I listen to you even when you don't listen to me. And a hug will always help. Yes, I'm a girl!!!!! Re-post if you're proud to be one."


I saw this on facebook the other day, and I wanted to die. But, instead of dying, I will just blog rage a  little bit.


Seriously?! It might as well say "I'm a girl and I'm the inferior gender and I do dumb things but I'm cute!"


How about this: "Yes, I'm a girl. I score just as high as you on our exams. I am just as funny as you are. I know why I am here and where I am going. I can learn difficult things just as well as you can. I will contend with you every step of the way to get what I deserve and what I have earned. I am strong. And I won't take crap from anyone. Yes, I'm a girl."

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I read the first quote and thought, "Boy, this is kind of offensive, and it certainly doesn't sound like Megan." Good thing you agree.

    ReplyDelete