Friday, October 7, 2011

My Homies

I'm supposed to be working on my technical accounting research paper right now... cuz that sounds like a whole lot of fun right?!


Instead, I found myself perusing facebook, and seeing a picture of us at Annette's wedding reception last night. Someone commented and said "I love seeing that former co-workers still get together and share great events in life!" That made me think about the people in that picture. It's this picture right here:

Yeah... it's not the most flattering picture of some of us (explanation: there were two people taking pictures and I think a lot of people were confused about where to look and when to smile). But looking at this picture makes me realize how glad I am that I was a CA last summer. The job SUCKED. Going through room after room after room putting out blankets and towels, searching for miniscule scratches that your bosses wanted you to put in work orders for, waking up early to take out the trash from disgusting little EFY children, getting yelled at by high maintenance menopausal women who want 4 towels. Not fun. But the people - oh my goodness. Some of the best people I've ever known.

I've been talking to Greg a lot this week about how I don't know how to be myself around people in my major because no one seems to understand me. Every time I am silly or crack a joke, I get weird reactions. So going to Annette's reception last night with my homies was a blast. I could be crazy, bust a move, laugh really loud, and say dumb things and no one looked at me like I was a freak.

Shout out about Annette's wedding reception- I've only been to like 3 receptions but holy cow, Annette's was beautiful. The venue was gorgeous. Her dress was gorgeous. Her bouquet was phenomenal, her hair fancyy. Her husband suit was stylin. The food was yummy. The events were well planned. Loved it.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way about my major. Then I discovered that the fact that I didn't have much in common with my fellow majors might mean I wasn't actually going to be good at the same thing they were good at (teaching). May your experience not be the same.

    ReplyDelete