Monday, October 3, 2011

For your amusement...

An embarrassing story:

My old roommate Shelbey has the cutest clothes and is very fashionable. After we were no longer roommates, she told me she had a shirt that she didn't really like how it looked on her, but that she thought would look cute on me, so she gave it to me. I loved it! It was a really cute shirt, totally my style.

In January of this year, I had just met Greg, and we made plans to go to the Condaleeza Rice forum together. I wanted to look good. So I put on my skinny jeans, my new gray boots, and my new hand-me-down shirt. I walked to the Marriott Center, and when I got there and took off my coat, I noticed a foul stench. During the forum, I realized that the stench was coming from me! I was so grossed out - I've never smelled anything like it before. Granted, I did walk to the Marriott center in a coat and I sweat a little, but didn't I put on deodorant?!!? I just hoped Greg wouldn't smell it. I was so humiliated- not to mention concerned.

After the forum I took a lengthy shower, trying to scrub away that nasty smell. I considered buying a new deodorant. I was disturbed by this foul odor.

Later that week, I saw Shelbey and told her my embarrassing story. Halfway through she started laughing and said "Oh my gosh, I think I used to wear that shirt back when I had really bad sweating problems, and I don't think I washed it before I gave it to you!"

What are friends for.

PS Luckily Greg did not notice the smell. I confirmed that later when I knew him better.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA I forgot about this! I love this story. Aaaand I totally forgot that it was Greg that you wore it with. Does it still smell??

    ReplyDelete