Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Junior Core Survivor

The first week of Fall Semester was a huge wake up call to me. I was starting the Accounting Junior Core- I had heard horror stories, but now I was in the thick of it. I could practically see my scholarship slipping right out of my hands, my GPA plummeting, my sanity going out the window, all my free time sucked away. I remember thinking that I wouldn't even have time to eat, much less to exercise or play. I remember calling home in tears, wanting to drop out. I can't say that I'm not an emotional person, but I usually keep my emotions to myself, so the fact that I called home means it was a huge deal.

I made some big decisions that week. I made decisions about keeping the Sabbath Day holy and making time to still care about people around me, despite the heavy workload. I made goals about not letting my perfectionism get the best of me. I made goals about stepping outside of my comfort zone, finding time to broaden my horizons in ways that will help me more throughout my life than a good grade in any class could. I promised myself that I would do my best and that I would be ok with that.

Holy cow, it was a rough year! There were nights when I couldn't sleep because my mind was so wired. There was so much frustration with hard assignments and group members. Not gonna, lie, I totally lost it a few times. They expected a lot out of us!

I just walked out of my last test for the Junior Core. It's over. 100%. I have no more obligations to fulfill. I did my time. IT'S OVER!!!!!!

And I'd have to say, I did pretty dang awesome on my goals

No comments:

Post a Comment